Before We Begin
The Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative is primarily based on the obligation set out in Principle 6 requiring a firm to pay due regard to the interests of its clients and treat them fairly. GB Car Leasing is fully committed to TCF and this Policy has been designed to demonstrate the application of TCF during the course of our day to day activities. TCF is embedded throughout the FCA’s Handbook and GB Vehicle Contracts supports the TCF initiative and satisfies the FCA’s six core consumer out comes which explain what it wants TCF to achieve for consumers. These are:
- Consumers can be confident they are dealing with firms where TCF is central to the corporate culture
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and targeted accordingly
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their Circumstances
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
Our TCF Mission Statement
Working together to find the best car leasing solution.
Our TCF Principles
- Clients will be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
- When advising clients on financial products, the advice will be suitable and take account of their circumstances
- GB Car Leasing is a trading style of Green Bison Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Firm Registration Number is 672334. Green Bison is a Credit Broker Not a Lender. Green Bison Limited, Unit B1, Caerphilly Business Park, Van Road, Caerphilly, CF83 3ED (Registered Number 04596559).
- Our service will meet the expectations of our customers as far as reasonably possible
- We will ensure that there is no barrier for clients to express their concerns or complaints, and will always be responsive to them
- Products and services will meet the needs of clients
Assessing and implementing our TCF Principles
All GB Car Leasing financial promotions and marketing literature are reviewed to ensure that they are appropriate for the target audience and are presented in a clear, fair and not misleading manner.
Sales / Customer Service
- Obtain a good understanding of clients’ needs and financial circumstances so we can find the most suitable product
- Only recommend a product that we consider to be suitable, and this will always be the most suitable from the options available
- Ensure that our clients understand the service we provide and are aware of any applicable charges
- Strive to keep clients informed at all times, regarding possible delays, deliveries etc.
- Encourage clients to ask if there's something they do not understand
- Give access to a formal complaints procedure should anyone become unhappy with our service
Post-Sale Information and Support
Appropriate records are kept, and we have appropriate capacity and processing arrangements in place to ensure support to customers with queries regarding their contracts.
Policies and Procedures
GB Car Leasing have numerous policies and procedures that are relevant to the fair treatment of clients and adhere to FCA requirements, these are (this not an exhaustive list):
- Conflicts of Interest Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Training and Competence Policy
- Complaint Handling Procedures
- Financial Promotions Procedures
- Compliance Manual
GB Car Leasing use MI to ensure that our TCF commitment is being met. Good MI should be accurate, timely, relevant and consistent.
Staff Training and Competence
GB Car Leasing regularly monitors all key areas of regulatory compliance including TCF. We ensure that all advisers are familiar with the fundamental principles of TCF. In addition, where applicable, advisers are trained to suitably advise on the products and services we offer.
GB Car Leasing aims to provide excellent customer service and complaint handling is a major component of its TCF measures. We deal with client’s complaints fairly and objectively and attempt to put things right as quickly as possible, in accordance with the rules laid down by the FCA. All complaints are recorded, monitored and reported in company meetings.
GB Car Leasing’s culture is in line with the outcomes stipulated by the FCA’s TCF initiative. However, we will frequently review our policies, procedures and practices to ensure that TCF remains a crucial part of our business.
Our Company Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to us.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of GB Car Leasing and its subsidiaries must follow this policy. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, photographs, financial data etc. Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorised or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organisations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities
In addition to ways of handling the data GB Car Leasing has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically, we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection, we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorisation etc.)
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.
The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent regulator of financial services. They require us to provide you with a document called an 'Initial Disclosure Document'. This document provides information about us, the products we offer, the services we will provide, what we charge for our services, who regulates us and what to do if you have a complaint. It also provides details about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
GB Vehicle Contracts, GB Car Leasing and GB Van Leasing are all trading names of Green Bison Limited. Green Bison is a Credit Broker, not a lender
What Services Do We Provide?
We will provide you with either comparable details of firms most appropriate to your lending or purchase requirements or general information relating to finance products. In assessing your requirements, we may seek such information about your personal circumstances and objectives as might be relevant to enable us to identify your needs. It is important that you provide us with accurate and relevant information. You will not receive advice, or a recommendation from us, but we may ask questions to narrow down the selection of firms offered, from which you can more easily make your own choice if you so wish
Whose Products Do We Use?
As a Financial Conduct Authority regulated credit broker, we can introduce you to a range of lenders who may be able to help you finance your vehicle and provide other products/services.
Do We Charge for Our Services?
We are a commission and fee based organisation which means that we may receive payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into an agreement with us. These fees may be variable or pre-set dependent on the product and the volume that we place with the chosen supplier. We do not charge any other fees for our broker related services.
Who Regulates Us?
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our firm’s reference number is 672334. This can be verified on the Financial Conduct Authority's Register by visiting the Financial Conduct Authority's website: https://www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0300 500 8082. Other services we offer are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority however the Financial Ombudsman Services has now been extended to handle some complaints under the Consumer Credit Act.
Green Bison is also a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association. Further information on the BVRLA can be found on their website: https://www.bvrla.co.uk/
It is the aim of GB Car Leasing to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also advises you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint:
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you.
You can contact us by telephone or in writing and your complaint will be resolved by the appropriate person as quickly as possible. To help us to investigate and resolve your concerns you should in the first instance contact the department with which you have been dealing.
We will try to resolve your complaint immediately; however, sometimes, this may not be possible. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations and provide our final response in writing with our findings and the action to then take. The maximum time we will take to consider any complaint will be 8 weeks.
To register a complaint contact us by either: email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 029 2002 2419. You can also write to us at
Caerphilly Business Park
If you are not satisfied with our final response you are entitled to refer your complaint to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association. For advice on using the BVRLA conciliation services please go to: https://www.bvrla.co.uk/advice/guidance/using-bvrlas-conciliation-service
You may also be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet.
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact us in writing at the address on the contact page.
|Registered Company Name - Green Bison Limited||Registered Address:
Caerphilly Business Park,
|Company Number - 04596559|
|BVRLA Registration Number - 1469|
|Financial Conduct Authority Licence Number - 672334|
|ICO Number - Z926779X|
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) apply between you and Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts. (“we”, “us”and “our” as appropriate) for the sourcing by us via various funding options of motor vehicles as listed on our website or in other direct communications with you, and as supplied by recommended motor vehicle dealers/manufacturers.
- Quotations are valid for 14 days from the date of issue unless otherwise specified
- Figures shown are subject to manufacturer’ s and or dealer price changes, fluctuations in interest rates or changes in Government legislation. These are outside of our control
- Manufacturer lead-times do fluctuate, and delays are beyond our control. We will keep you updated on a regular basis on the status of your order.
- Mileage is shown as annual mileage, i.e. from the 12-month period from the date the leasing period started. If you exceed the total annual mileage at the end of the lease period, the leasing company will charge a fee for each extra mile over this total
- If you have not opted to have the servicing/maintenance provided by the leasing company then you are responsi-ble for servicing the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’ s schedule. The vehicle must be returned to the leasing company in roadworthy condition. Tyres must be at or above the legal limit. If you need clarification of this please ask for a copy of the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association) guide which can be provided upon request. The vehicle must have a valid MOT certificate if required. If you don’t return the vehicle in a roadworthy state in accordance with the BVRLA guide, you may be charged for remedial/cleaning/upkeep work by the leasing companies
- If you have opted to have your maintenance provided by the leasing company you are responsible for arranging the service in accordance with their instructions.
- Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts can introduce you to a number of finance providers. We may receive a remuneration if you enter into an agreement with them.
- If you for any reason fail to be approved for finance with the leasing provider we will discuss with you prior to applying for funding with a different company. The additional application will mean an additional footprint on your credit file.
- Where the vehicle is fitted with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) system or ‘Adblue’, Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts cannot be held liable for incorrect usage. You are responsible for adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- In the event of a cancellation of your order you will be charged a fee by us. This will be based on our costs and any cancellation fee charged by the supplying dealer or third-party suppliers in relation to this order.
- The term of hire or annual mileage limit on some products may be able to be changed with the leasing company up until the last 6 months of the agreement. Not all products allow this. There may be a charge for any amendments to the contract. Not all agreements allow you to change the mileage so please ensure you plan your mileage accurately before you enter into an agreement.
- You are responsible for registering your vehicle if a low emitting vehicle with the DVLA for any waiver of fees, for example, the London Congestion Charge and with the Dart charge for using the Dartford Crossing. If you fail to register and receive a fine the leasing company will charge the cost of the fine and an administration fee.
- If you receive any traffic infringement penalties you are responsible for paying them directly to the authority concerned. If any fines are forwarded to your leasing company, they will settle the fine and recharge this to you with an additional administration fee.
- If you are an Individual, Sole Trader or Partnership with less than 4 Partners you will need to complete a cooling off period prior to taking delivery of your vehicle. You may be requested to send in two proofs of identification (gas/ electric/council tax/water bill) dated within the last 90 days and photo card of your Driving Licence for a particular partner/s as specified.
- It is your responsibility to contact us to arrange collection of your vehicle prior to the end of the agreement. The leasing company will not automatically collect the vehicle. You will be charged if you retain the vehicle past the end of the agreement. To arrange collection please email email@example.com
- Excess mileage charges will apply if you exceed your total contract mileage.
- These terms and conditions form part of your contract with Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts. They are in addition to, and not superseded by, any agreement you enter into with the leasing company concerned. You will be required to sign an agreement with the leasing company before you take delivery of your vehicle.
- The Conditions shall govern our dealings with you, and all contracts formed between you and us, to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No variations to these Conditions will be binding unless agreed in writing between you and us.
- Our employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning our services unless they are confirmed as such by us in writing. In entering into any contract with us, you acknowledge that you do not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by us shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
- Your order of a motor vehicle from our website or other direct communications with you is an offer by Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts. All orders are subject to formal written acceptance by us, the stock availability of the motor vehicle concerned, price changes, and the payment by you of a holding deposit (if applicable) in accordance with our written acceptance of your order. Credit approval does not guarantee the allocation of a vehicle.
- If the motor vehicle you have ordered is not available, we will contact you by email or telephone to suggest possible alternatives. If the motor vehicle is available and we accept your order, then we will contact you to confirm the acceptance of your order.
- No order which has been accepted by us may be cancelled by you except with our written agreement and on terms that you shall indemnify us in full against all costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by us as a result of cancellation.
- Credit / Lease Agreements: If you have entered into a credit / lease agreement with a finance provider Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts has introduced you to, you will need to enter into a separate agreement with that provider. If you later decide to withdraw from that credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you will still be responsible for paying (and must pay in accordance with the terms of this contract) the outstanding balance of the vehicle payable by you to Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts.
- The prices notified to you by us include VAT if personal leasing, do not include VAT if business leasing, include the delivery cost (unless specified) by the dealer to your chosen UK mainland destination, and includes number plate, Road Fund Licence (if applicable) and Vehicle Registration Charge.
- We reserve the right to change the price either before or after we accept any order from you, where circumstances outside of control require it (for example changes in prices notified to us by dealers/manufacturers and finance companies). We will promptly notify you in writing of such a change and you will have the right to cancel your order (upon receipt by us of your written confirmation within any reasonable deadline stated by us) if the change is not acceptable.
- Prices set out on our web site or in any other direct communications with you and in general marketing material issued by us are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by us capable of being accepted by you.
- The specification of any motor vehicle displayed on our website or any other marketing material issued by us is supplied by the vehicle manufacturer/dealer or leasing company and formatted for our use. Whilst every effort is made to verify and ensure the accuracy of the data, the information should only be used as a guide and no purchasing decision should be made by you without verification of the latest data from either the manufacturer or a franchised dealer of their vehicles. All images on our website or other marketing material issued by us are for illustration purposes only.
- Upon receipt by us of completed finance documentation (including signed finance agreement accepted by the finance company) and any balance of monies due to be paid through us, we will arrange delivery of the vehicle to your chosen UK mainland destination.
- Please note local registration of motor vehicles is not possible.
- If you fail to provide access to the premises necessary to effect delivery or fail to give us adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond your reasonable control or by reason of our fault) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we may store the vehicle(s) until actual delivery and charge you for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage.
- Subject as expressly provided in these conditions, and except where you are a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or in amended or replacement legislation), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Where the sale is under a consumer transaction the statutory rights of the customer are not affected by these conditions.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of us, our employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of services or vehicles, and our entire liability under or in connection with the contract with you shall not exceed the price of the services supplied to you, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
- We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of any contract with you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- We are committed to the highest standards of customer service. Should you have any complaint about our service, please let us know as soon as possible, either by phone 029 2002 2419 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to resolve them with you in a fair and effective manner. We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours of receipt and will take all reasonable steps to resolving it promptly to your and our satisfaction. We will provide you with a timescale for resolving the dispute and keep you regularly updated with its progress. For further information please refer to our full complaints procedure on our website. The following clause applies if you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors; or (being an individual or firm) become bankrupt; or (being a company) become subject to an administration order or go into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or an encumbrance takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of your property or assets; or you cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on business; or we reasonably apprehend that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to you and we notify you accordingly.
- If this clause applies, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries or provision of services under the contract without any liability to you, and if vehicles have been delivered or services provided but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
- If any provision of these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- The contract with you shall be governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Finance is subject to status and to persons over 18 years of age only. Underwriting guarantees/indemnities may be required. For purchase plans, the Optional Final Payment plus any other applicable fees may apply in order to own the vehicle at the end of the agreement.
- Vehicles & finance are only supplied to addresses on the U.K. mainland.
- Disposal of your current vehicle prior to delivery of the vehicle supplied by Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts will be done so at your own risk. Green Bison Limited t/a GB Vehicle Contracts cannot be held responsible for any period where you may not have access to transport and cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred.